“In the end, it is important to remember that we cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.”
– Max DePree, 1989
COVID 19 has changed the way we do everything. Although the idea that “we cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are” is over 30 years old, our new reality is proving the truth of it every day, in ways that were invisible to us before this global pandemic.
If we want to thrive today as well as thrive tomorrow, it’s time to rethink our outdated strategies and revisit what we think we know.
That’s where Reinvention Training comes in.
What is Reinvention Training?
Reinvention Training is a sustainable way to add the pivotal, interpersonal, knowledge and skills you need to thrive in the current volatile, uncertain, chaotic, and ambiguous business environment—while remaining flexible enough to address the daily challenges you must continue to meet.
In a pre-COVID world, training was often considered an organizational cost, with little or no ROI. Because it was considered “nice-to-have,” it was easily cut from the budget in favor of more “operational” costs.
COVID-19 changed all that. It has turned everything we knew on its head and left us with a new environment that we have to learn to maneuver—on the fly.
Organizational research has demonstrated that when something in the environment is new, training is the only way to develop the knowledge and skill you need to get performance. (For more details on this, see our free resource, The 7 Reasons for Performance Problems).
This year has brought with it so many new circumstances, the only way we can thrive is to develop a mindset for continuous learning.
Here’s why this is important:
- The biggest impact that COVID-19 has had on us is in the area of our relationships. With so many people working from home, teams are scattered in their newly created home offices—often with their kids close by, schooling at home. This has changed everything about the way work gets done, because everything is new.
- Leaders and teams are left to handle the normal interpersonal challenges that have been heightened in this pandemic without the skills they need, because those skills have never been seen as necessary as they have now become. Focused on producing results in new circumstances with old strategies, leaders can overlook the necessity of developing new strategies with targeted training.
- The most successful teams hone their relationship skills with targeted training. They know that when market circumstances are daunting, it is their conversations with—and support of—each other that allows them to reinvent. That’s why they continually update their skills; that’s how they create remarkable results despite their circumstances.
How Do Leaders and Teams Benefit from Reinvention Training?
Choosing Reinvention Training with Master Trainer, who is also a Certified Reinvention Practitioner, can support you in your efforts to:
- anticipate change in the current COVID environment,
- design the changes in your strategic thinking and leadership behavior that will best support your success and
- implement the changes that will best move you—and your organization forward.
With the increased clarity and self-awareness that you gain from updating your interpersonal and organizational strategies, you’ll be able to:
- Capitalize on reinvention opportunities that are currently out of your reach—or invisible to you
- Design your own sustainable strategies to handle any challenge you face
- Explore approaches that will ignite the capacity of your team—no matter what the task
- Recognize barriers that prevent your greatest success—and experience moving through them
- Speak confidently in front of any size audience—even online
- Transform your problem-solving process into a search engine for what you want