“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
– John Quincy Adams
What is Leadership Coaching?
It’s a trusted, facilitative relationship between a key contributor in an organization (i.e., manager, director, owner) and a professional coach, focused on increasing the leader’s capacity to strategically move their organization forward. Leadership development is a critical component of every successful organization.
Leadership coaches are called upon for a range of outcomes that include developing high-potential talent, facilitating transitions across and up the organization, and providing a confidential environment to support the leader’s evolution as s/he maneuvers through organizational dynamics or strategic issues.
How Do Leaders Benefit From Coaching?
With the increased clarity and self-awareness you gain from working with a Certified Leadership Coach, you’ll be able to:
- Capitalize on leadership opportunities that are currently out of your reach—or invisible to you
- Design your own sustainable strategies to handle any challenge you face
- Explore approaches that will ignite the capacity of your team—no matter what the task
- Recognize barriers that prevent your greatest success—and experience moving through them
- Speak confidently in front of any size audience
- Transform your problem-solving process into a search engine for what you want
How is Leadership Coaching different from Consulting or Therapy?
|Consulting is…||Therapy is…||Leadership Coaching is…|
|being given the options of WHAT to do, based on the consultant’s experience.||being helped to discover WHY things happened in the past and why they’re stopping you from moving forward.||exploring HOW your actions in the present are contributing to the results you’re getting, so you can expand the choices available to you.
Coaching supports you to move from being merely effective to creating the optimal results for yourself and your team as you develop new behaviors and update your beliefs about what’s possible.